Physician Quality Reporting System or PQRS quality measures:
At a minimum, the following factors should be considered when selecting measures for reporting:
• Clinical conditions usually treated
• Types of care typically provided – e.g., preventive, chronic, acute
• Settings where care is usually delivered – e.g., office, emergency department (ED), surgical suite
• Quality improvement goals for 2015
• Other quality reporting programs in use or being considered
2014 was the final year EPs were eligible to earn an incentive payment of 0.5% for successful reporting, which will be reflected in their 2016 reimbursements.
In 2017, EPs are subject to a negative 2% penalty for unsatisfactory reporting or non-participation in the 2015 PQRS reporting period
Don’t get his with a penalty!